999 Design launches DTI renewable energy campaign
LONDON - 999 Design has acquired Scottish design agency Blue Peach, which has studios in London, Manchester and its home city of Glasgow, as it launches the creative strategy for a DTI campaign promoting renewable energy across the UK.
The Blue Peach deal follows a review of its business last month when the owners and founding directors of 999 Design, Bill Gaughan and Richard Bissland, stated their intentions to redevelop the Glasgow office in line with current market demand.
According to Gaughan: "This step will strengthen the company's base and was the next logical move after recently rethinking our structure. We decided to buck the volatile market and go for business growth, focusing on Scotland. Blue Peach was an opportunity, which we grabbed."
Alongside the acquisition, 999 Design is also recruiting senior designers and account directors in London and Manchester.
With a turnover of around £1m, Blue Peach was founded 15 years ago and is run by Joe Hall, who won second place in the 2004 Robert Horne Design Review as managing director of the year. He is a recipient of various design awards and a member of many judging panels.
The deal comes as 999 launches the creative strategy for a DTI campaign to promote renewable energy across the UK.
The agency worked with COI Communications on the campaign, which aims to raise awareness of the need to adopt renewable energy sources such as wind power and is being produced to support the UK governments commitment to the Kyoto agreement.
Teresa Monachino, 999 Design director, said: "People are willing to be vocal and open about their objections to change but not so with the positive. By delivering the facts upfront, this campaign aims to turn this habit on its head and create a groundswell of positive feeling -- a real support movement for the DTI and its renewable energy campaign."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Digital Account Executive AF Selection Up to £23,000 & benefits, West Midlands
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £27000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London
- Open Source Developer JM Digital £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits, Glasgow
- Media Senior Sales Executive Digital Gurus £25000 - £30000 per annum + 40% uncapped commission, City of London
- Marketing Commercial Analyst - Graduate Brand Recruitment £23000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Oxford