Wife Swap ties up with Alpen in multimillion-pound deal
LONDON - Channel 4's reality-TV show 'Wife Swap' is to be sponsored by Alpen in a multimillion-pound brand investment as part of an attempt to revitalise the muesli brand.
The tie-up goes live with the new series of 'Wife Swap' on June 29 and was negotiated by The Allmond Partnership's sponsorship director Jon Marchant and Channel 4 sponsorship manager Caroline Reik. It is the first deal since TAP won the Weetabix account last December.
The sponsorship is designed to reflect Bank Hoggins O'Shea's current repositioning of Alpen via the strapline 'Less Haste, more Alpen". One of the current ads features a humorous misunderstanding on the subject of wife swapping.
The Alpen and 'Wife Swap' deal covers 16 episodes in total during the summer with a return in October with three international episodes and seven new UK programmes. The deal includes sponsorship of the 'Wife Swap' website.
TAP's Marchant said: "We were searching for the right high-profile programme vehicle to aid consumer reappraisal of this brand. 'Wife Swap' has the status and profile we are looking for and we're delighted to have secured the sponsorship."
'Wife Swap' advertised in January in Horse & Hound magazine, hoping to find some more upmarket contestants for the show.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Marketing Director Ball & Hoolahan £100,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)