Rogers & Cowan announces Beyblade account win
NEW YORK: Rogers & Cowan announced Thursday it beat out four other firms to handle the PR for the Beyblade World Championship this summer in New York City.
Hill & Knowlton, Burson-Marsteller, Edelman, and Porter-Novelli also competed in the RFP launched by Nelvana Limited, a worldwide producer and distributor of children's programming and products.
Beyblade is a cutting-edge version of the classic spinning top, and Nelvana's world championship will draw competitors ages 8 through 14 from 10 countries in August.
Rogers & Cowan would not disclose the financial terms of the campaign, but EVP Matt Losordo, who helped craft the pitch to Nelvana, said the campaign has "a six-figure budget."
Rogers & Cowan hopes to include a dramatic event during the championship, Losordo said.
"We'd like an opportunity for one of these kids to accomplish an amazing feat," he said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London