Rogers & Cowan announces Beyblade account win
NEW YORK: Rogers & Cowan announced Thursday it beat out four other firms to handle the PR for the Beyblade World Championship this summer in New York City.
Hill & Knowlton, Burson-Marsteller, Edelman, and Porter-Novelli also competed in the RFP launched by Nelvana Limited, a worldwide producer and distributor of children's programming and products.
Beyblade is a cutting-edge version of the classic spinning top, and Nelvana's world championship will draw competitors ages 8 through 14 from 10 countries in August.
Rogers & Cowan would not disclose the financial terms of the campaign, but EVP Matt Losordo, who helped craft the pitch to Nelvana, said the campaign has "a six-figure budget."
Rogers & Cowan hopes to include a dramatic event during the championship, Losordo said.
"We'd like an opportunity for one of these kids to accomplish an amazing feat," he said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)