Rogers & Cowan announces Beyblade account win
NEW YORK: Rogers & Cowan announced Thursday it beat out four other firms to handle the PR for the Beyblade World Championship this summer in New York City.
Hill & Knowlton, Burson-Marsteller, Edelman, and Porter-Novelli also competed in the RFP launched by Nelvana Limited, a worldwide producer and distributor of children's programming and products.
Beyblade is a cutting-edge version of the classic spinning top, and Nelvana's world championship will draw competitors ages 8 through 14 from 10 countries in August.
Rogers & Cowan would not disclose the financial terms of the campaign, but EVP Matt Losordo, who helped craft the pitch to Nelvana, said the campaign has "a six-figure budget."
Rogers & Cowan hopes to include a dramatic event during the championship, Losordo said.
"We'd like an opportunity for one of these kids to accomplish an amazing feat," he said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London