Rogers & Cowan announces Beyblade account win
NEW YORK: Rogers & Cowan announced Thursday it beat out four other firms to handle the PR for the Beyblade World Championship this summer in New York City.
Hill & Knowlton, Burson-Marsteller, Edelman, and Porter-Novelli also competed in the RFP launched by Nelvana Limited, a worldwide producer and distributor of children's programming and products.
Beyblade is a cutting-edge version of the classic spinning top, and Nelvana's world championship will draw competitors ages 8 through 14 from 10 countries in August.
Rogers & Cowan would not disclose the financial terms of the campaign, but EVP Matt Losordo, who helped craft the pitch to Nelvana, said the campaign has "a six-figure budget."
Rogers & Cowan hopes to include a dramatic event during the championship, Losordo said.
"We'd like an opportunity for one of these kids to accomplish an amazing feat," he said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London