Ergo devises branding for 'Big Night in' popcorn pack
LONDON – Brand consultancy Ergo has designed the branding for a new range of microwaveable popcorn from Trigon Snacks, owner of the Planters brand in the UK.
The packaging has been created to take the simplicity of the name Big Night In to reflect the fun of eating popcorn in the cinema.
The popcorn itself is accessed via pulling two spoof cinema tickets to open up a freestanding box, very similar to the boxes in which popcorn is provided at the cinema and involves the smart use of packaging technology.
Simon John, partner at Ergo, said: "The popcorn marketplace outside the cinema is generally bland and unexciting. The name of the brand, Big Night In, appropriately reflects the intrinsic nature of the product. We're confident that we have used the cinematic theme in an original and fun way, to ensure strong stand-out on shelf."
Big Night In is launching first as a salted flavour, with a sugar-coated variant entering the shops at the end of August. Each product contains three boxes of popcorn.
The brand is currently launching in groceries nationwide, and has been specifically designed to appeal to consumers of all ages.
Brian Cardy, chairman and chief executive at Trigon Foods, said: "Using unique packaging and product technology, Planters are exploiting the big friend in home entertainment and in so doing capturing the excitement of watching your widescreen TV.
"Big Night In will be an important new addition to our portfolio of leading brands."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London