Olympus hires Springer & Jacoby for European account
LONDON - Olympus, the camera company, has hired Springer & Jacoby as its lead European advertising agency.
Springer & Jacoby, which is partly owned by the Interpublic Group, will not start working on the account until January 2005. Lowe, which handles the UK account, will continue to work on the brand and created the memorable spot for the Olympus i Zoom 75, which starred Joan Collins and was directed by Tony Kaye.
Olympus said that it had made the appointment to align its international communications while maintaining contact with local markets. The account had been handled by in Europe by FCB, another Interpublic-owned agency, which won the account in 2001.
Hans Thiele, head of marketing communications for Olympus, said: "Our goal is to develop effective, 360-degree communication within Europe across all media and disciplines. With Springer & Jacoby, we will consistently meet the needs and challenges of all our European markets."
The account will be run out of Springer & Jacoby's Amsterdam headquarters, and run through its offices in key markets including Germany, France, Italy and Spain, as well as the UK.
The brand ran its first UK television advertising in four years last Christmas with a spot starring and directed by the celebrated photographer David Bailey. It was created by Lowe.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Senior Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits, Surrey