Olympus hires Springer & Jacoby for European account
LONDON - Olympus, the camera company, has hired Springer & Jacoby as its lead European advertising agency.
Springer & Jacoby, which is partly owned by the Interpublic Group, will not start working on the account until January 2005. Lowe, which handles the UK account, will continue to work on the brand and created the memorable spot for the Olympus i Zoom 75, which starred Joan Collins and was directed by Tony Kaye.
Olympus said that it had made the appointment to align its international communications while maintaining contact with local markets. The account had been handled by in Europe by FCB, another Interpublic-owned agency, which won the account in 2001.
Hans Thiele, head of marketing communications for Olympus, said: "Our goal is to develop effective, 360-degree communication within Europe across all media and disciplines. With Springer & Jacoby, we will consistently meet the needs and challenges of all our European markets."
The account will be run out of Springer & Jacoby's Amsterdam headquarters, and run through its offices in key markets including Germany, France, Italy and Spain, as well as the UK.
The brand ran its first UK television advertising in four years last Christmas with a spot starring and directed by the celebrated photographer David Bailey. It was created by Lowe.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Responsive Designer (Top 10 NMA) Premier Media £35K + benefits, Central London
- Award-Winning Integrated Creative Team Premier Media Circa 55K + Benefits, Central London
- Designer - Fashion E-commerce retail brand Creative Recruitment £90 - £120 per day, City of London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + bens, West London
- Project Manager Gemini Search £40000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Brand Director EMR £100000 - £120000 per annum + benefits, City of London