Millward Brown acquires US marketing research firm
LONDON – Millward Brown, the WPP Group market research firm, has acquired Boston-based strategic marketing research and consulting firm, Marketing and Planning Systems, better known as MaPS.
MaPS combines advanced marketing science with high-level consulting more typically associated with marketing, management and strategic consultancies.
WPP hopes that the combination of MaPS' analytical approaches with Millward Brown's brand marketing databases will offer clients a broad range of services.
Millward Brown and MaPS will continue to service their own existing clients and will also work together whenever clients have the potential to benefit from the combined expertise of the two. In addition, Millward Brown will work with MaPS to expand its advanced marketing science approaches to clients throughout the world.
MaPS was founded in 1994 by Dr. John White, along with partners Dr. Bill Dillon, Dirk Wells, Jennifer Dimmick, Dale Rye and Sophie Yuan. Today, MaPS employs 67 and has annual revenues for $27m last year.
Eileen Campbell, CEO of Millward Brown North America, said: "We are thrilled to be joining forces with the talented team at MaPS. They enjoy some of the strongest relationships and most innovative solutions I've encountered in the research business, and Millward Brown will undoubtedly benefit from our association with MaPS. We're increasingly being asked by clients to address their thorniest business questions, and we're looking forward to the brilliant thinking from MaPS contributing to the answers we provide."
White will remain CEO of MaPS, which will now be known as MaPS -- A Millward Brown Company. He will report to Campbell.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire