Nestle Purina launches direct drive to encourage trial
LONDON - Nestle's Purina One, the new premium cat and dog food range, is launching a direct marketing campaign through integrated agency Geronimo to drive the brand's launch and encourage trial.
The campaign, titled "Take the Purina One 30-day challenge", involves direct communication with Sainsbury's and Tesco consumers as well as an internal database, website and in-store activity.
Consumers will receive a challenge pack and are prompted to score their cat or dog's visible health before and after feeding their pet Purina One for 30 days.
The interactive assessment card included in the pack explains the visible benefits that customers should notice during the period, allowing them to chart their pet's progress. On completing the challenge, if customers are not satisfied, Purina will refund their money.
Nestle is expecting the challenge to be taken up by as many as 1m consumers.
Rachel Parr, account director at Geronimo Communications, said: "Driving trial is a key objective of the Purina One launch. Working closely with Sainsbury's and Tesco to utilise their loyalty data allowed us to apply our existing consumer segmentation models to create a highly targeted activity.
"Not only can we pin-point the most appropriate consumer profile, but we can also understand the effect of the activity through actual purchase history and build on these results."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)