Times Online publishes undiscovered Beatles number
LONDON – The Times Online is giving readers the chance to hear what is believed to be an undiscovered Beatles track, written by Paul McCartney and John Lennon and called 'I'm in Love', which has not been heard in more than 30 years.
In a special deal, the Times Online has published an extract from the Beatles recording, which was recently rediscovered by chance at a flea market in Australia. It can be heard here.
The song was never released by The Beatles, but was instead recorded by another another Liverpool band called the The Fourmost, who were also managed by Beatles manager Brian Epstein.
As well as the lost Beatles track, the tape also includes alternative versions to hits such as 'We Can Work it Out' and 'Cry Baby Cry', as well as Lennon and McCartney experimenting with acoustic versions of other songs. It is believed that the recording had belonged to Beatles roadie, sound recordist and musician, Mal Evans, who built up a large collection of Beatles memorabilia.
Peter Bale, Times Online's editorial director, said: "This is the first time that this recording of 'I'm in Love' has been heard in more than 30 years. We are very excited to give Times Online readers and Beatles fans the opportunity to judge for themselves and decide whether this track is part of this lost Beatles archive."
Sir Paul McCartney, now 62, paid a moving tribute to Lennon and George Harrison at the Glastonbury Festival this year where he played to a crowd of 80,000. Sir Paul said sometimes people do not take the opportunity to express their real feelings before someone passes away, before talking about his old bandmate Lennon. At the mere mention of his name, the crowd erupted into mass applause.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Strategy Director Pitch Consultants £60000 - £90000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester