Motorola eyes youth with e-398 ads
ASIA-PACIFIC: Motorola has launched a new television commercial using animation and trendy music to promote its new e-398 handset to the fast-moving and demanding youth segment.
The TV, print and online campaign, developed out of Ogilvy & Mather New York, has been launched in Southeast Asia, including Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines and Australia.
MTV was the chosen medium for the global launch of the commercial.
The advertising campaign specifically targets the music- and technology-savvy youth market and uses the brand positioning of 'SurroundMoto'.
The product is the world's first 3D surround sound GSM handset, which plays MP3 ringtones and features technology for the handset to actually vibrate and light up in time with the music.
The removable memory card allows the user to use the phone as a mobile musical device as well.
The TVC uses music from American rapper Lyrics Born and the chosen song, Calling Out, will be available for download on every handset.
A region-wide promotional competition will support the campaign in South Asia, where every consumer buying the handset has a chance to win a VIP trip to see a band performing anywhere in the world.
Stuart Redsun, Motorola general manager for worldwide brand marketing, said: "With breakthrough musical talent from Lyrics Born, the cutting-edge animation style of David Foldivari and in a style that is so distinctly 'Moto', we've created a global communications campaign that allows our consumers to experience surround sound-quality music powered by a mobile phone."
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Berkshire