Age Concern enlist The Snowman for its winter campaign
LONDON – Age Concern has recruited the children's classic character The Snowman as the face of its Fight The Freeze campaign this winter as part of an integrated marketing campaign.
The Snowman, created by Raymond Briggs for the Christmas cartoon of the same name, is going to be put on badges to help raise £100,000 to fund vital services for older people during the cold weather.
The badges will be available to retailers across the UK from September and will cost £1.
Melanie Beardon, marketing officer for Age Concern, said: "The badges will be supported by an integrated marketing campaign by Age Concern's PR and marketing division. It will include advertising and fundraising events to get the message to older people to take extra care of themselves at winter."
Age Concern's director general, Gordon Lishman, said: "The Snowman is such a well loved children's character and we think that it is apt he is lending his services to Fight the Freeze. We are delighted to welcome him in from the cold to warm up older people's winters."
Keith Pashley, marketing manager at Copyrights UK, who represent The Snowman, said: 'We are very pleased that The Snowman will support Age Concern's Fight the Freeze campaign and we are sure that the appeal of The Snowman will help Age Concern to raise even more funds for this very important cause.'
Plunging temperatures account for more than 20,000 deaths among older people in the UK. Money raised from the campaign will be ploughed into benefits advice, befriending services, lunches, social clubs and emergency heater loans.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London