Buglife charity hires FCB London for integrated push
LONDON - Buglife, the organisation committed to the preservation of all invertebrates, has hired FCB London to create an integrated campaign to publicise its mission in preventing extinctions.
The campaign's direct element consists of three invoices from bugs. For example, one is from Worm & Son and invites the recipient to donate £25 to Buglife for ploughing the soil allowing penetration of air and water so that fruit and vegetables can grow.
The mailouts are being sent to a database of 15,000 names from a demographic of people who already have an affinity to nature, such as National Geographic readers.
An ambient element of the campaign, which will be placed on London pavements, features speech bubbles declaring lines such as "Hello! I'm walking here! I'm walking here!" and "I'd like to see you carry your house around everywhere".
There will also be similar street posters and stickers on sandwiches and disposable coffee cups. Real dead insects will be featured in the ambient campaign on posters.
Above-the-line work includes a series of billboards, a radio campaign and a print ad featuring the strapline: "Please don't use this newspaper as a weapon."
The media was planned and bought by Tonic. The creative teams at FCB London, formerly Banks Hoggins O'Shea FCB, were led by Matt Keon and Oli Green.
Keon said: "As Buglife couldn't afford TV, we needed to create a campaign that would talk to people in a persuasive way and at a grassroots level. We hope this will get people talking, raise awareness of the hard work bugs do and their importance over fuzzy cute pets."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London