Ginsters hires Burton's Valentine as head of marketing
LONDON - Andy Valentine is to join pie-maker Ginsters as its new head of marketing from Burton's Foods, where he was the general marketing manager for four years.
The new role will focus on brand penetration and raising awareness of the company's "Real Honest Food" proposition. The company launched a radio and poster campaign in June, which features slogans such as "Will only aid weight loss if you get off your backside occasionally" and "We sponsor kite-surfing. It makes us look cool".
Ginsters retains Bartle Bogle Hegarty on its creative account, while Starcom Motive looks after media for the brand.
Valentine said: "The company has grown considerably and has ambitious plans for future growth in the UK. As brand leaders, we will be driving innovation across the product range and increasing consumer demand."
Ginsters has a range of 40 products including pasties, sandwiches, pork pies and buffet bars. According to figures from market research Taylor Nelson Sofres, Ginsters has cornered 28.5% of all branded savoury pastry sales, making it the biggest brand in the market.
Sales have now reached £200m, making Ginsters one of the 10 biggest food brands in the UK.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits , London (North), London (Greater)
- Graphic Designer (Visual Merchandising & Marketing) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £20000 - £21000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)