Cadbury Drinking Chocolate to sponsor ITV's Heartbeat
LONDON - Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate will sponsor the new series of ITV1's Sunday evening hit 'Heartbeat', investing £1.6m in the initiative.
The 14th series of the Yorkshire-based police drama is back on ITV this autumn. It is a ratings puller for the commercial broadcaster, averaging 9.8m viewers or 38% share for the last series. It is ranked as ITV1's most popular long-running series.
The deal was negotiated by Stewart Hunt, senior sponsorship executive at ITV Sales, and Andy Corcoran at Alliance, ZenithOptimedia's sponsorship division. The creative is being produced by DLKW.
Jamie Crofts, Cadbury marketing manager at Premier Foods, said: "'Heartbeat' gives us a fabulous opportunity to communicate our brand message to such a large and loyal audience. It's not only good news for us, it's good news for the whole category of hot beverages."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire