OMD Europe takes £20m pan-European brief for Reebok
LONDON - Reebok has awarded its £20m pan-European media account to OMD Europe without a pitch, as the sportswear brand aims to consolidate all of its advertising business into OMD's parent Omnicom.
OMD snatched the account, worth approximately £5.5m in the UK, from incumbent Mediaedge:cia, part of WPP Group, which had held the account since 2002.
The account will be coordinated from OMD International in London and will encompass 15 European markets, including France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK.
It is understood that the move takes place as Reebok looks to consolidate all of its business with the Omnicom Group. The company has used the Arnell Group, also part of Omnicom, since 2001 for its advertising.
OMD will take over the business from the beginning of September and will manage media planning and buying activities in support of key Reebok categories: RBK, Performance and Classic.
Earlier this year, Reebok's chief marketing officer Micky Pant, the man who brought stars such as rapper Jay Z and footballer Ryan Giggs to its advertising, left the company. At the time, Reebok said that it did not expect any significant changes in its global brand marketing following the exit.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Head of Mobile - top agency - to £70k Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + + agency bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Designer Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)