Recovery helps Omnicom beat estimates with 15% rise
NEW YORK - Omnicom Group, owner of advertising agencies BBDO Worldwide and the media buyer PHD, has said that profit rose by 15% over the last quarter to $206.1m as its agencies started to reap the rewards of the ad recovery.
Analysts had been forecasting an earnings per share figure of $1.07, but Omnicom beat this by delivering $1.10. This compares with 96 cents for the same period last year.
The company, which breaks down revenues into "domestic" and "international" said that there was a 13% rise in revenues outside the US to $1.1bn, up from $967.3m during the same quarter last year, with US revenues rising by 12% to $1.2bn.
The company, headed by president and CEO John Wren, is due to unveil further details about its second quarter performance at a press conference later today.
Omnicom also owns the ad agencies, DDB Worldwide and TBWA\, and the media agency, OMD.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...