Desert Island Brands - Daniel Brennan
A chance to pick five brands that you would like to find washed up on the beach if you were a castaway. What would you choose and why? design consultancy Pemberton & Whitefoord asks Daniel Brennan, marketing manager at Laurent Perrier.
1. Survival essential
Making a shelter, finding food and attempting to escape are going to be high on your agenda -- so which brand will you find most useful in your attempt to tame the great outdoors?
The crab from the Heineken ad to recharge the fridge.
2. Last taste of civilisation
The island has a plentiful supply of nuts and fruit, not to mention a healthy population of fish, so you will have plenty to eat. But which one food brand are you really going to miss from your old life?
Monster Munch Pickled onion crisps as they are delicious.
3. Best reminder of home
Successful survivalists always claim that it is mental attitude which sees them through. Belief that you will get back home is going to be vital -- so which brand will sum up home best?
Bang & Olufsen stereo, which is uber chic technology.
4. Most welcome online brand
Eventually you manage to rig up your own connection to the internet using bits and pieces found on the beach but you have only one chance to log on to a website before it goes down -- which online brand will you choose?
Lastminute.com to book a flight home.
5. Ultimate luxury
Self indulgence is hard to come by on a desert island, so what brand would you be most excited to find washed up on the beach?
A bottle of Laurent-Perrier Rose as it is the ultimate Rose champagne.
6. Transferable skills
You already work in the jungle of marketing so there are probably skills which you have acquired through your job which will come in handy -- or you may have other hidden talents. Which of your personal skills will help you to get to grips with life on a desert island?
Selling sand to the Arabs on the island to help pay for my flight home.
Adrian Whitefoord, founding partner of Pemberton & Whitefoord, comments: Daniel certainly has an eclectic palate. Washing down Monster Munch Pickled Onion crisps with a bottle of Laurent-Perrier Rose Champagne would definitely set your taste buds on a war dance. The Heineken crab would certainly be a stimulating companion, not to mention a potentially nutritious snack but my chosen companion would have to be a flat fish. After all, he would be my sole companion.
Q&A supplied by design consultancy Pemberton & Whitefoord.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London