Patti to focus on creative role after Y&R US restructure
NEW YORK - Michael Patti, global creative chief of Young & Rubicam, is to lose his remit heading the New York office as part of a restructure of the WPP Group-owned agency's North American operations.
Patti will become vice-chairman of Young & Rubicam in the streamlining process, as each of the six North American offices ceases to operate as a separate company.
Chief executives of several Y&R offices, including New York, Chicago, Detroit, Irvine, San Francisco and Toronto, are to lose their titles and will instead be called managing partners.
According to a report in the Wall Street Journal today, the reorganisation, which has been overseen by chairman and chief executive Ann Fudge, the former Kraft executive, will help cut internal arguments and competition and increase cooperation.
The shake-up is designed to help the agency work closer with its clients. As part of that initiative, Fudge is to set up a team of five executives who will work with all of the agency's clients. Their job will be to come with ideas for clients that go beyond traditional television advertising.
Patti will now focus solely on his global creative duties. He joined Young & Rubicam from BBDO New York in January 2003 with the job title of chairman and CEO of the New York office and worldwide creative director.
Some reports in the US media say that he does not have an easy relationship with Fudge, who joined the agency in May 2003.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)