Hell's Kitchen returns to ITV but only for a reunion
LONDON – 'Hell's Kitchen School Reunion' will see winner Jennifer Ellison and runner-up James Dreyfus cater for 250 children at Gordon Ramsay's old school in a one-hour special on ITV1.
Chef Ramsay will be there to supervise and shout his usual profanities, while Ellison and Dreyfus attempt to make a healthy meal that the kids will enjoy.
The one-hour special will be screened on ITV1 at 9.30pm on Wednesday August 11.
It was announced last week that Ramsay, the star of 'Hell's Kitchen', had signed a £1m golden-handcuff deal to make programmes for Channel 4 including his popular documentary, 'Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares'.
Brand Republic reported earlier this year that Channel 4 and ITV were trying to get the former Rangers footballer to sign contracts. However, according to reports, Ramsay did not want to do a second series of 'Hell's Kitchen' for ITV because of the huge time commitment involved.
'Hell's Kitchen' was a ratings winner for ITV, attracting 8m viewers at its peak. It saw celebrities, such as former 'Coronation Street' actress Amanda Barrie and Brooksider Jennifer Ellison, learning how to cook in a real restaurant.
Ramsay is also taking 'Hell's Kitchen' to the States for a Fox TV version that will see ordinary people competing to win a $1m restaurant.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)