Hell's Kitchen returns to ITV but only for a reunion
LONDON – 'Hell's Kitchen School Reunion' will see winner Jennifer Ellison and runner-up James Dreyfus cater for 250 children at Gordon Ramsay's old school in a one-hour special on ITV1.
Chef Ramsay will be there to supervise and shout his usual profanities, while Ellison and Dreyfus attempt to make a healthy meal that the kids will enjoy.
The one-hour special will be screened on ITV1 at 9.30pm on Wednesday August 11.
It was announced last week that Ramsay, the star of 'Hell's Kitchen', had signed a £1m golden-handcuff deal to make programmes for Channel 4 including his popular documentary, 'Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares'.
Brand Republic reported earlier this year that Channel 4 and ITV were trying to get the former Rangers footballer to sign contracts. However, according to reports, Ramsay did not want to do a second series of 'Hell's Kitchen' for ITV because of the huge time commitment involved.
'Hell's Kitchen' was a ratings winner for ITV, attracting 8m viewers at its peak. It saw celebrities, such as former 'Coronation Street' actress Amanda Barrie and Brooksider Jennifer Ellison, learning how to cook in a real restaurant.
Ramsay is also taking 'Hell's Kitchen' to the States for a Fox TV version that will see ordinary people competing to win a $1m restaurant.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire