Maplin upgrades campaign management with Alterian
LONDON – Maplin Electronics, the electrical retailer, has upgraded its campaign management by tying up with database marketing firm Alterian and its MarkIT software.
MarkIT Manager will allow Maplin to plan, measure and report on its multi-channel marketing activity on a 24-hour basis, enabling it to execute more effective campaigns.
It will also reduce the time that it takes for the store to plan campaigns -- whether in-store, online or catalogue -- and increase response rates. The new system will deliver management information into other areas of its business in the future.
Nigel Fawcett, IT director at Maplin Electronics, said: "We need to have greater visibility of how effective our campaigns are. In the past, we had to wait until the end of our four-week promotions for results, now we know what's working and what's not on a daily basis."
Alterian technology currently helps organisations such as Merrill Lynch, the Daily Telegraph, Amnesty International and Vodafone.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)