Greater China: Visa guns for HK bill payment market
HONG KONG: Visa has launched an online competition as part of a multimedia campaign to tap into the lucrative bill payment market.
Developed by ICLP, the campaign is built around an online game, which has been created to raise awareness of the option of settling utility bills by credit card.
The campaign is slated to run until September 24, with the game available to Hong Kong-issued Visa card holders only. In the push, cardholders who use Visa to pay bills can register the payment with the company in return for game cards.
Participants with game cards of three different colours stand to win prizes. The main prizes include Philips televisions, Sony home theatres, Ikea, Priceline and Lane Crawford vouchers as well as daily win prizes such as iPods and NEC phones.
According to Visa, only five per cent of the bill payment segment is settled by the company. This includes telecommunications (including ISP and Cable TV services), insurance, medical, education, public utilities and government charges.
The online game is supported by a print campaign developed by BBDO Hong Kong, with a creative featuring a crocodile grabbing a bill in its mouth from a woman on a beach. It uses the tagline: 'Don't let go of your bills - they can get you lots of prizes'. The print campaign is running in local newspapers and selected magazines.
"Using Visa to settle shopping and household bills is already a popular payment method," said Prudence Chan, country manager for Hong Kong and Macau, Visa International "It is not only quicker and more convenient than paying by cash or cheques, it also entitles cardholders to bonus points and other benefits offered by banks."
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Account Executive Twist Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Creative Solutions Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- Midweight Packaging Designer - Top Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London