Greater China: KFC ropes in slim talent to focus on sandwich launch
HONG KONG: KFC has launched a light-hearted TV campaign to support its launch this month of the Go-Go Sandwich for summer.
The 15- and 30-second TVCs dramatise the benefits of being slender, featuring a very slim girl who can easily pass through very narrow spaces. The campaign was developed based on the insight that Hong Kong women want to appear as healthy and trim as these qualities are seen as beautiful, said Susanna Kwok, business director of Bates Asia, the agency behind the campaign.
Saying that the launch had nothing to do with the obesity issue hitting fastfood chains in the West, Kwok said the chain saw summer as an opportune time to add lighter meals to its range.
The sandwich comprises a crispy chicken strip, lettuce, tomatoes and salad sauce in a soft flat pita bread.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Head of Customer and Digital Transformation Spotlight Recruitment £80000 - £90000 per annum + 30% bonus and great benefits, London
- Senior Digital Creative/Designer Pitch Consultants £35000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, Leicestershire
- Junior Account Director, Retail, Manchester Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Manchester
- Regional Marketing Manager Mortimer Spinks £37000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes