Greater China: KFC ropes in slim talent to focus on sandwich launch
HONG KONG: KFC has launched a light-hearted TV campaign to support its launch this month of the Go-Go Sandwich for summer.
The 15- and 30-second TVCs dramatise the benefits of being slender, featuring a very slim girl who can easily pass through very narrow spaces. The campaign was developed based on the insight that Hong Kong women want to appear as healthy and trim as these qualities are seen as beautiful, said Susanna Kwok, business director of Bates Asia, the agency behind the campaign.
Saying that the launch had nothing to do with the obesity issue hitting fastfood chains in the West, Kwok said the chain saw summer as an opportune time to add lighter meals to its range.
The sandwich comprises a crispy chicken strip, lettuce, tomatoes and salad sauce in a soft flat pita bread.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)