Southeast Asia: Navy gives city taste of life with vulnerable seas
SINGAPORE: The Singapore Navy has sought to remind people of the role it plays in the security of the city-state as part of a recruitment drive developed by Saatchi & Saatchi.
The year-long campaign, which will run in English and Chinese, will use ads in the MRT, bus shelters, newspapers and magazines, followed by interactive later in the year.
According to Graham Kelly, the executive creative director of Saatchi & Saatchi: "The aim is to communicate and reaffirm in the minds of the Singapore public the Navy's role in keeping Singapore safe. It's the whole safe seas message. Singapore is so dependent on sea routes for trade, it's the key to the country's economy."
The ads feature different aspects of life in Singapore and how it would be changed if the seas around the island were unsafe. One ad features an empty port with a bunch of bored port workers playing cards around a rusting, empty container. Another ad shows a glum water sports enthusiast attempting to wakeboard on a puddle in a road. A third features a large fishing boat attempting to catch fish in a tiny pond. All ads carry the tagline 'Life wouldn't be the same without safe seas'. The ads also talk about the different technologies deployed by the Navy.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)