Electrolux backs students with online ad competition
LONDON - Electrolux is encouraging student film-makers with a new initiative to develop short online films illustrating how Electrolux 'makes life easier'.
The films are to be shown online this week, with eight different takes on varying Electrolux products.
In one, the freezer compartment of an Electrolux fridge helps a woman use a frozen fish to ward off an intruder. In another, for a dishwasher, a child secretes his unwanted dinner in various toys until his plate is empty.
Ulrich Gartner, vice-president of public relations at Electrolux, said: "The results offer a fresh perspective on the role of refrigerators, cookers, washing machines and dishwashers in our lives."
He added: "At Electrolux, we spend thousands of hours every year talking to the people who buy and use our products about what they need, what they want and trying to understand how we can help them. But there's nothing like seeing those responses articulated with the immediacy of film."
The films were developed by students from the Bournemouth University Media School, which is the first film school to take part in the competition. At the Ad-Venture website, people will be able to vote for their favourite film, with the chance to win a cordless cleaner called Ergorapido.
Ad-Venture competition will be extended and launched globally later this year, allowing film schools from around the world to compete against each other.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Technical Development Lead // Mobile & Web // Backbone.js & PHP Salt negotiable, London