Bacardi goes giant in new national poster campaign
LONDON – Bacardi is using eight giant posters sites as part of a nationwide poster and branding campaign targeting the youth market.
The campaign will run throughout August, continuing the "Welcome to the Latin Quarter" theme devised by ad agency McCann Erickson.
There will be a total of eight giant poster sites in the campaign, in cities including Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool and Bristol. The posters show a selection of close-up shots from previous ads.
The sites have all been selected because of their proximity to numerous bars, restaurants and clubs.
In Manchester, the posters will appear on the Pearl Assurance Building on Princess Street; Victoria Street in Liverpool, near the famous Cavern district; in Leeds an illuminated wrap-around banner will appear on 117-118 Kirkgate, in the city's retail zone; while St Catherine's Court in Bristol will also have an illuminated site.
Ian Bohn, sales and marketing director at Megaposter UK, said: "This is a serious branding campaign which will achieve maximum impact and also deliver targeted audiences of young people out to enjoy themselves and in spending mode."
Bacrdi's advertising agency is McCann Erickson with media booked directly through the poster specialist PPL.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire