VisitBritain aims to increase tourism with GB Group
LONDON – VisitBritain, the organisation that markets Britain to the rest of the world, has signed up to GB Group's international data verification system to add 2m overseas customers to its database.
The organisation hopes to gain the extra customers by March 2006. VisitBritain currently holds a database of 4m customers and operates across 31 counties. It will use GB's Accelerator International Address application in Amsterdam, Madrid, New York City, Tokyo and Toronto, before rolling out across all territories.
GB Accelerator International Address recognises multiple language character sets and the unique postal systems adopted in 237 countries. The system will initially be introduced into VisitBritain's contact centres enabling the capture of a caller's name address and postcode. The application can also be integrated into VisitBritain's language-specific customer websites, which will help the organisation to increase the quality of customer data captured online.
Darren Austin, marketing systems development manager at VisitBritain, said: "With the volumes of data that VisitBritain encounters, having such a system will ensure we offer a speedy service to those overseas tourists who wish to receive specific information before they visit Britain."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Development Manager - Leading FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£46K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits Package, London (Greater)