Fishburn Hedges start-up Seventy Seven wins eBay deal
LONDON - Fishburn Hedges' start-up consumer PR subsidiary Seventy Seven has scored its first major client win, landing the account for online auction giant eBay after a four-way pitch.
The win coincides with the arrival at Seventy Seven of Matt Wood as managing director from eBay's previous agency Joe Public Relations, which declined to repitch for the account.
Wood said he had had no influence on the pitch result, explaining: "Seventy Seven was already on the pitch list when I joined and contractually I can not work on the business for the first six months."
Board director Guy Corbett, who leads the agency's seven-strong team on the account, said eBay needed to proactively communicate the breadth of its services.
Seventy Seven's brief includes promoting PayPal, eBay's secure payment system, and responding to media reports of fraudulent deals through the site.
The pitch followed the appointment of eBay's first UK head of PR Victoria Sayers earlier this year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...