Fishburn Hedges start-up Seventy Seven wins eBay deal
LONDON - Fishburn Hedges' start-up consumer PR subsidiary Seventy Seven has scored its first major client win, landing the account for online auction giant eBay after a four-way pitch.
The win coincides with the arrival at Seventy Seven of Matt Wood as managing director from eBay's previous agency Joe Public Relations, which declined to repitch for the account.
Wood said he had had no influence on the pitch result, explaining: "Seventy Seven was already on the pitch list when I joined and contractually I can not work on the business for the first six months."
Board director Guy Corbett, who leads the agency's seven-strong team on the account, said eBay needed to proactively communicate the breadth of its services.
Seventy Seven's brief includes promoting PayPal, eBay's secure payment system, and responding to media reports of fraudulent deals through the site.
The pitch followed the appointment of eBay's first UK head of PR Victoria Sayers earlier this year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury