Big Brother finale captivates 9m as Nadia storms home
LONDON - The 'Big Brother 5' final on Friday, which Portuguese transsexual Nadia won with 74% of the votes, peaked with 9m viewers and a 48% audience share on Channel 4.
An average of 8.3m viewers watched the 8.30pm show as Shell, with 9% of the votes, was the first of the remaining four housemates to be evicted. Dan was the second, attracting 17% of the votes.
Jason became the shock runner-up with more than a million votes during the second 10pm show, which averaged 8.3m viewers and a 41% share.
Nadia became the most successful 'Big Brother' contestant ever by pulling in almost 4m votes -- a 74% share of the total votes in the final.
On hearing the news, a clearly shocked and humbled Nadia started repeating, "Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!"
The Friday night final was the top rated 'Big Brother' show of this year's series. Stuart's eviction on Wednesday came second with 7.5m or a 41% share.
Last year's final attracted an average 6.6m viewers and a 34% share.
The highest rated Channel 4 show of the year was the ultimate episode of Friends on 28 May, which had 9.6m viewers and a 39% share.
In total, 15m votes were cast over the past 10 weeks of 'Big Brother'. The final prompted more than 6m votes.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)