Channel 4 reality show aims to create millionaires
LONDON - Channel 4 has commissioned a reality-documentary series from the creators of 'Wife Swap' to see if it is possible to turn ordinary people into millionaires in 'Make Me a Million'.
'Make Me a Million' will follow three groups of entrepreneurs who, with the help of self-made millionaires, will attempt to turn their fledgling business ideas into money-making machines. The group that makes the most money will win.
The four-part series is being made by RDF Media and will be broadcast next year.
It is similiar in format to the US show 'American Start Up', created by actor friends Ben Affleck and Matt Damon. In the programme eight young businesses are given $50,000 to create a company and the ones not up to scratch are eliminated.
BBC Two is planning to screen a similar NBC format called 'The Apprentice', in which 14 candidates attempt to win a top job working for business tycoon Alan Sugar.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)