Buena Vista goes online to create buzz for 'The Village'
LONDON - Buena Vista International has launched an internet PR campaign to promote 'The Village', the forthcoming movie from plot-twist maestro M Night Shyamalan.
Digital Outlook is handling the brief, which includes targeting the managers of fan sites and website film critics.
According to Glen Collins, the director of the agency, a key group is the smaller fan sites, such as Spinning Image and Kinocite. He said: "Often critics working at the larger publications will look at these sites first, so they are vital to us."
Activity already carried out has included a multi-site screening for journalists, which involved a live and interactive question and answer session with Shyamalan.
Collins added that despite Shyamalan's reputation for providing shocking plot twists, the promotion would focus on the "reputation of the director and the strength of the film, rather than the twist".
Shyamalan's other films include "The Sixth Sense", starring Bruce Willis, and "Signs", starring Mel Gibson.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London