Frost gives up Sunday breakfast for weekly interviews
LONDON – Sir David Frost is bringing his breakfast show to an end to conduct high-profile interviews on a weekly evening show called 'The Frost Interview', part of a new three-year contract with the BBC.
Frost has interviewed hundreds of leading figures -- including Nelson Mandela, Bill Clinton and George W Bush -- during his 12 years of 'Breakfast with Frost'.
He is the only person to have interviewed six UK prime ministers and seven US presidents in a broadcasting career spanning 40 years.
Frost said: "I'm enormously excited about the new series of interviews. The 12 years of 'Breakfast with Frost' have been some of the most fulfilling years of my career but, once we're through the next election, I feel the time will be right to ring the changes."
Frost said his new series would allow the BBC to bring additional insight to the key domestic and global issues and would involved the main players at the heart of every story.
Richard Sambrook, the director of news at the BBC, said: "Sir David Frost continues to make a huge contribution to the BBC's news and current affairs programming.
"His remarkable career has made him a household name and established him as one of the world's foremost interviewers."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...