Two McDonald's websites promote healthier lifestyles
LONDON - McDonald's has taken its Go Active! promotion online with a website offering information on how to keep fit and a helping users record of their daily exercise.
The site backs the launch of the Go Active! Meal, which offers a McDonald's salad, drink and free pedometer to enable people to measure how far they walk every day.
The also offers tips, such as advising people to remove the batteries from their TV remote controls and, when out shopping, to park at the end of the car park furthest away from the stores.
Another website, called Yum Chums, encourages children to keep fit with a set of colourful characters who live in people's stomachs.
Using Ronald McDonald, the site explains through song and dance how to keep fit and healthy by eating a balanced diet. The new sites were designed and developed by Agilisys.
Amanda Pierce, a spokesperson for McDonald's, said: "We have worked with Agilisys for more than five years and continue to be impressed by their creative capabilities. We hope our users will enjoy the site and learn at the same time."
McDonald's is taking drastic measures to combat accusations that it is contributing to the global obesity epidemic. It is introducing healthier menu options, launching a range of DVDs for children to encourage them to be more active and plans to stop selling some of its super-size options. The DVDs will be available globally next year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)