South East Asia: Social enterprise title looks to plug a growing niche
SINGAPORE: Competitive Edge Results Foundation has launched a bimonthly title that focuses on social enterprise as more companies in the region embrace the issue of corporate responsibility.
XL - short for Extraordinary Lives - aims to provide inspiration and advice for individuals who want to make the most of their lives according to editor Linda Ruck, general manager of Competitive Edge, a networking group for entrepreneurs. Set up in 2001, the group claims membership of 35,000 entrepreneurs in 10 regional markets.
XL - featuring interviews with inspiring entrepreneurs - launched with an unaudited pre-paid subscriber base of 5,200 and distribution of 20,000 copies in six markets, including Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand.
A survey by the group found that its entrepreneur members are between 18 and 80 years, with 70 per cent being company owners, employing one to 150 staff; the remainder are senior management and professionals at MNCs. Ruck said the group began noticing a growing social responsibility trend two years ago when members of its network starting turning their attention to the impact they could have on their community and environment.
Positioned as a business lifestyle read for this growing niche, XL's launch issue attracted Singapore Airlines, Rolex and Ritz-Carlton.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)