South East Asia: Social enterprise title looks to plug a growing niche
SINGAPORE: Competitive Edge Results Foundation has launched a bimonthly title that focuses on social enterprise as more companies in the region embrace the issue of corporate responsibility.
XL - short for Extraordinary Lives - aims to provide inspiration and advice for individuals who want to make the most of their lives according to editor Linda Ruck, general manager of Competitive Edge, a networking group for entrepreneurs. Set up in 2001, the group claims membership of 35,000 entrepreneurs in 10 regional markets.
XL - featuring interviews with inspiring entrepreneurs - launched with an unaudited pre-paid subscriber base of 5,200 and distribution of 20,000 copies in six markets, including Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand.
A survey by the group found that its entrepreneur members are between 18 and 80 years, with 70 per cent being company owners, employing one to 150 staff; the remainder are senior management and professionals at MNCs. Ruck said the group began noticing a growing social responsibility trend two years ago when members of its network starting turning their attention to the impact they could have on their community and environment.
Positioned as a business lifestyle read for this growing niche, XL's launch issue attracted Singapore Airlines, Rolex and Ritz-Carlton.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London