South East Asia: Social enterprise title looks to plug a growing niche
SINGAPORE: Competitive Edge Results Foundation has launched a bimonthly title that focuses on social enterprise as more companies in the region embrace the issue of corporate responsibility.
XL - short for Extraordinary Lives - aims to provide inspiration and advice for individuals who want to make the most of their lives according to editor Linda Ruck, general manager of Competitive Edge, a networking group for entrepreneurs. Set up in 2001, the group claims membership of 35,000 entrepreneurs in 10 regional markets.
XL - featuring interviews with inspiring entrepreneurs - launched with an unaudited pre-paid subscriber base of 5,200 and distribution of 20,000 copies in six markets, including Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand.
A survey by the group found that its entrepreneur members are between 18 and 80 years, with 70 per cent being company owners, employing one to 150 staff; the remainder are senior management and professionals at MNCs. Ruck said the group began noticing a growing social responsibility trend two years ago when members of its network starting turning their attention to the impact they could have on their community and environment.
Positioned as a business lifestyle read for this growing niche, XL's launch issue attracted Singapore Airlines, Rolex and Ritz-Carlton.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)