Tribal DDB campaign to drive sales of new VW Golf
LONDON – Volkswagen and Tribal DDB are running an online and direct marketing campaign for the new Golf GTI, designed to spark orders before the car is launched in January 2005.
The campaign centers around a website featuring a virtual 3D Golf GTI. Visitors can choose the colour, trim, specifications and other options for the car and begin the order process.
The site will be promoted initially through e-mail and direct mail, which will be followed by a consumer PR campaign.
Nigel Palmer, the account director at Tribal DDB, said: "Four out of five car buyers use the web as part of their research and decision-making process. Purchasers of hot hatches, such as the GTI, describe themselves as heavy web users. There's no question, potential GTI buyers will head straight for the internet.
"We have developed a campaign that will create the desire, persuade the sceptical, and convince 3,500 people to pre-order a car they will not be able to see, touch or drive."
The campaign will roll out over the next six months and further online activity is planned to drive consumers to the new microsite.
Catherine Woolfe, the communications manager for Golf at Volkswagen, said: "It is assumed that TV is needed to generate the desire and buzz for a major new model launch. But we believe online can achieve that buzz and drive pre-order sales. Hence, we are investing our budget and activities almost entirely online in order to meet big pre-launch targets."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds