Star Wars man Jeffery joins Hornby as marketing chief
LONDON - Hornby, the company behind Scalextric, has hired Lucasfilm's Simon Jeffery as its group marketing director to spearhead its expansion overseas.
He will also be responsible for developing Hornby products and targeting suitable acquisitions.
Jeffery quit as the head of Lucasfilm's video game division last October. He was behind the launch of the hit Xbox game 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.'
Frank Martin, the Hornby chief executive, said: "I am delighted to welcome Simon to Hornby. He has a wealth of experience at the forefront of the hobby products and interactive gaming sector. We have ambitious plans to develop the scale and depth of our operations."
Hornby hired technology and marketing agency e-xentric last year to launch a worldwide campaign for the MotoGP-branded Scalextric set.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Corporate Designer Gemini Search £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester