ITV nets rights to Newcastle United Uefa Cup games
LONDON – ITV has signed an exclusive deal with Newcastle United to show live coverage of the team's Uefa Cup home matches at St James's Park for 2004 and 2005.
It is not yet decided whether the network will show the games, which kick off on September 16, on ITV1 or ITV2.
ITV said: "We're delighted to team up with Newcastle United, having covered their quarter-final and semi-final in the competition last year. They have made some excellent additions to their squad over the close season and will once again be an exciting team to watch."
Freddy Shepherd, the chairman of Newcastle United, said: "We have a terrific and long-standing relationship with ITV, which is a great friend of the club, and we are certain the deal will be of mutual benefit to both parties."
ITV has also secured live action from the second legs of Manchester United's and Liverpool's Uefa Champions League qualifying ties, which will be played at the end of this month.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)