BMI clinches deal to become Arsenal's official airline
LONDON - BMI has signed its biggest sponsorship deal to date to make it the official airline of Premier League champions Arsenal.
The airline will use the club's logo, trademark, name and imagery across all its marketing materials.
BMI branding will appear at the Gunners' ground in Highbury on perimeter advertising boards, media backdrops and home match programme advertising. The airline will have ground access for sampling activity and will be given hospitality packages for commercial and promotional use.
BMI will gain access to Arsenal's database of supporters and the airline will be working on flight promotions for fans' air travel to domestic and European match fixtures.
The airline declined to comment on the value of the deal but said it was its biggest to date.
Adrian Ford, the commercial director at Arsenal, said: "BMI can give us rapid access to airports across the UK, Europe and the world, providing the team with the very best service and attractive benefits to our supporters."
Earlier this month the North London football club announced it would set up a television station for fans outside the UK. Arsenal TV will screen match action, interviews and news from the club. It is to be produced and distributed by TW1, an independent production company and broadcaster that specialises in sports programming.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)