Energy Saving Trust revamps site as gas prices rise
LONDON - The Energy Saving Trust, which promotes energy efficiency, has revamped its website just as British Gas announced large increases in electricity and gas prices.
The site redesign has been handled by Reading Room and will go live early next month. It will rationalise 12 websites into one to offer consumers impartial and extensive advice on saving energy.
The website will have different channels, such as My Home and My Car, to help consumers find the relevant information easily.
Consumers are certain to be looking for ways to reduce their energy use following the news that British Gas is to increase its prices. Gas bills will rise by 12.4% while electricity bills will increase by 9.4%.
British Gas customers are already being urged to look around for new suppliers to avoid the price hikes, which will come into effect on September 20.
The Energy Saving Trust was set up by the government in 1992 with the aim of cutting carbon dioxide emissions and achieving a sustainable and efficient use of energy.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)