Claydon Heeley picks up £1.5m DM Asthma UK work
LONDON - Claydon Heeley Jones Mason has won the £1.5m direct marketing account for charity Asthma UK following a competitive pitch conducted through the AAR.
The pitch was overseen by Alison Cowan, the assistant marketing director at Asthma UK, who said the pitch began by removing all agencies that worked with tobacco industry accounts.
A shortlist was then whittled down from 20 to five then two agencies, which pitched earlier this month. The competing agencies have not been disclosed.
Claydon Heeley will develop an audience-focused marketing strategy for the charity, which rebranded from the National Asthma Campaign on World Asthma Day in May.
The agency's first task is to develop an individual-giving recruitment campaign based on the charity's new tagline: "Control over asthma today, freedom from asthma tomorrow."
Andy Oram, the account director at Claydon Heeley who led the pitch, said: "When you are faced with the statistic that 90% of asthma deaths are preventable, you can't help but be moved into action. It's a privilege being on the business. Alongside the more prosaic need to raise funds, we intend to help put Asthma UK on the map."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Lead Data Planning Consultant Direct Recruitment £85,000 - £100,000, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000, East London
- Senior CRM & Insight Analyst Direct Recruitment £75,000 +, London
- Group Account Director Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, Central London