NTL creates broadband awards for unsung web heroes
LONDON – Cable company NTL is introducing the Best of British Broadband awards to honour the creators of websites that help, entertain or support others.
The awards have 14 categories, including the Best Music Site and the Best Charity Site, and will be judged by a panel led by Capital FM DJ Neil Fox.
The judges will draw up a shortlist of six websites for each category and the winners will be announced in October.
Bill Goodland, the director of internet at NTL, said: "We hope everyone will use this opportunity to reward those unsung internet heroes in our communities who help others without personal reward."
NTL has created a site to enable the public to vote for their favourite sites.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire