Definitely Maybe as The Month celebrates with Oasis
LONDON - The Sunday Times is celebrating the first birthday of its entertainment CD-Rom The Month by including exclusive footage from the forthcoming anniversary DVD of Oasis's Definitely Maybe.
The Sunday Times became the first newspaper in the world to produce a digital section on CD-Rom when it launched The Month last August. The Month contains movie, music and video game previews.
The anniversary edition will feature more than five minutes of footage from Definitely Maybe, including live and televised performance clips and excerpts from an hour-long documentary about the recording of the album, which launched Oasis and became the biggest-selling debut album in Britain when released in 1994.
Definitely Maybe, which includes classic tracks 'Cigarettes and Alcohol', 'Supersonic', 'Rock 'n' Roll Star' and 'Shakermaker', was recently named "best British album ever" by Q.
The Definitely Maybe DVD will be released on September 5.
The Sunday Times hopes the Oasis DVD preview will help it pick up thousands of extra sales, repeating the success of its previous Oasis promotion. The paper achieved its second-highest sale in June 2002, when it gave away a cover-mounted CD containing unreleased songs from the 'Heathen Chemistry' album.
Times Online will offer readers the chance to win one of 10 signed, limited-edition copies of the Definitely Maybe track Columbia, which was never released as a single, along with 10 copies of the DVD and a Sony recordable DVD player.
The anniversary is being supported by a national television and radio ad campaign and extensive sampling of a special promotional Best of The Month CD-Rom. The lead sponsor for The Month's first anniversary edition is BMW.
Andrew Mullins, the marketing director at Times Newspapers, said: "It has been a successful first year for The Month. The CD-Rom has proven to be a strong brand extension and has been an effective circulation driver. Not only has it helped us to attract a younger, computer-savvy audience but it has enabled us to re-establish the paper as the leader in the entertainment industry."
The first anniversary edition of The Month also features new music from Bjork, Macy Gray, Paul Weller and The Thrills. There will be also be highlights from the movie Collateral, starring Tom Cruise, and the Star Wars trilogy. The games section previews blockbuster releases The Sims 2, Star Wars: Battle Front and Rome: Total War.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London