McDonald's 'I'm Lovin' It' is nation's favourite phrase
LONDON – McDonald's 'I'm Lovin It' is the nation's most-used advertising catchprase, beating Heinz's 'Beanz Meanz Heinz' and Nike's 'Just Do It' into second and third place respectively.
The survey by PR firm Brazil found 43% of the people questioned said they or a colleague had said "I'm lovin' it" at least once in the past month.
Richard Leonard, a director at Brazil, said: "The aim of this survey was to measure the power of our advertising on our everyday language. Because TV is still a powerful influence, many of these catchphrases have become so mainstream that we often use them without realising."
The creative for McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It" campaign, was developed by the Munich-based Heye & Partner, part of the DDB network, and has featured Justin Timberlake.
Recently awareness of the "I'm Lovin' It" campaign in McDonald's top 10 countries was shown to be 89% among young adults and 87% among mothers.
McDonald's unveiled the "I'm Lovin' It" positioning -- the first global campaign in the company's 50-year history -- in June against a backdrop of falling sales, changes in consumer attitudes to fast food and competition from established rivals such as Burger King, coffee shop chains and health food retailers.
The survey questioned 1,000 UK office workers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Lead Digital Web Designer: (Web, Rich Media, CMS, HTML, CSS) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £38000 per annum, London
- SEO Engineer - Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London