McDonald's 'I'm Lovin' It' is nation's favourite phrase
LONDON – McDonald's 'I'm Lovin It' is the nation's most-used advertising catchprase, beating Heinz's 'Beanz Meanz Heinz' and Nike's 'Just Do It' into second and third place respectively.
The survey by PR firm Brazil found 43% of the people questioned said they or a colleague had said "I'm lovin' it" at least once in the past month.
Richard Leonard, a director at Brazil, said: "The aim of this survey was to measure the power of our advertising on our everyday language. Because TV is still a powerful influence, many of these catchphrases have become so mainstream that we often use them without realising."
The creative for McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It" campaign, was developed by the Munich-based Heye & Partner, part of the DDB network, and has featured Justin Timberlake.
Recently awareness of the "I'm Lovin' It" campaign in McDonald's top 10 countries was shown to be 89% among young adults and 87% among mothers.
McDonald's unveiled the "I'm Lovin' It" positioning -- the first global campaign in the company's 50-year history -- in June against a backdrop of falling sales, changes in consumer attitudes to fast food and competition from established rivals such as Burger King, coffee shop chains and health food retailers.
The survey questioned 1,000 UK office workers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London