Channel 4 on lookout for Big Brother 6 partner brands
LONDON – Channel 4 is on the lookout for promotional brand partners for 'Big Brother 6', including soft drinks, snacks, alcohol, confectionery and retail campanies.
Consumer Products, the division under Channel 4's commercial arm 4 Ventures responsible for attracting partners, is looking to extend the promotional and licensing arena of the reality TV show.
This year, 'Big Brother 5' sponsors included Talk Talk, Carphone Warehouse's fixed-line telephony service, which had more than 50 creative spots before the shows and during ad breaks.
There had been some concern that this year's Big Brother would fail after last year's outing was dubbed a flop, but the antics of this year's contestants led to record ratings with 9m tuning in to watch Portuguese transsexual Nadia win.
Richard Amos, consumer product manager for promotions and merchandise at Channel 4, said: "We look forward to meeting brands and agencies to exchange ideas and develop a multimedia platform for 'Big Brother' next year."
Walkabout, the Australian-themed bar chain, acquired a licence to be the official eviction venue where it screened eviction shows every Friday and offered customers the chance to win a place at Channel 4's party in the 'Big Brother' house.
Joe Mahoney, head of commercial development at Channel 4, said: "I am very excited about captivating our audience still further as we extend the promotional and licensing arena with new partners."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Account Manager collectivo Up to £26,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Head of Data Analytics - Top Publisher Digital Gurus £90000 - £120000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight project manager Red Sofa London £35000.00 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trainee Specialist Marketing Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)