Channel 4 on lookout for Big Brother 6 partner brands
LONDON – Channel 4 is on the lookout for promotional brand partners for 'Big Brother 6', including soft drinks, snacks, alcohol, confectionery and retail campanies.
Consumer Products, the division under Channel 4's commercial arm 4 Ventures responsible for attracting partners, is looking to extend the promotional and licensing arena of the reality TV show.
This year, 'Big Brother 5' sponsors included Talk Talk, Carphone Warehouse's fixed-line telephony service, which had more than 50 creative spots before the shows and during ad breaks.
There had been some concern that this year's Big Brother would fail after last year's outing was dubbed a flop, but the antics of this year's contestants led to record ratings with 9m tuning in to watch Portuguese transsexual Nadia win.
Richard Amos, consumer product manager for promotions and merchandise at Channel 4, said: "We look forward to meeting brands and agencies to exchange ideas and develop a multimedia platform for 'Big Brother' next year."
Walkabout, the Australian-themed bar chain, acquired a licence to be the official eviction venue where it screened eviction shows every Friday and offered customers the chance to win a place at Channel 4's party in the 'Big Brother' house.
Joe Mahoney, head of commercial development at Channel 4, said: "I am very excited about captivating our audience still further as we extend the promotional and licensing arena with new partners."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London