Nickelodeon UK's Parkinson quits for Disney Asia role
LONDON - Nickelodeon UK managing director Nicky Parkinson is leaving the company to assume the role of senior vice-president and managing director for branded television at Walt Disney Television International Asia Pacific.
Parkinson, who had been at the children's network, run by MTV Networks and BSkyB, for more than three-and-a-half years, will leave at the end of September.
During her time at Nickelodeon, she has overseen the launch of Nick Toons, as well as running Nick Replay and Nick Jr. Previously, she was vice-president of marketing at Turner Broadcasting Systems Europe until 2001.
In her new role, Parkinson will oversee the management and development of Disney-branded channels and blocks across the region, including 10 Disney channels, six Playhouse Disney Networks and 23 Disney-branded slots.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London