Nickelodeon UK's Parkinson quits for Disney Asia role
LONDON - Nickelodeon UK managing director Nicky Parkinson is leaving the company to assume the role of senior vice-president and managing director for branded television at Walt Disney Television International Asia Pacific.
Parkinson, who had been at the children's network, run by MTV Networks and BSkyB, for more than three-and-a-half years, will leave at the end of September.
During her time at Nickelodeon, she has overseen the launch of Nick Toons, as well as running Nick Replay and Nick Jr. Previously, she was vice-president of marketing at Turner Broadcasting Systems Europe until 2001.
In her new role, Parkinson will oversee the management and development of Disney-branded channels and blocks across the region, including 10 Disney channels, six Playhouse Disney Networks and 23 Disney-branded slots.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London