Wallpaper's Brule to present new BBC Four media show
LONDON – Tyler Brule, founder of style magazine Wallpaper, is to present BBC Four's new media show, 'The Desk'.
Ten 30-minute episodes will launch from January 2005, with the BBC promising that the show will take a fresh look at all aspects of the media world.
'The Desk' will include feature interviews and will examine issues such as media manipulation and musical editors' chairs in the New York magazine industry.
Janice Hadlow, controller of BBC Four, said: "Media has become a bigger and bigger story in recent years -- and not just for the industry itself, but for everyone who wants to understand how the modern world works."
The show will be a joint venture between Brule's production company, Winkontent, and Manchester-based production company Moonbeam Films.
Brule said: "'The Desk' will fill a huge gap in the schedules by satisfying people's unquenchable thirst for news about media in all its forms. It's exciting to be able to bring both the UK and international media agenda to television."
BBC Four was awarded non-terrestrial Channel of the Year at the Edinburgh International TV Festival last month.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury