Times Online hosts official website for 21 Grams DVD
LONDON - Times Online will host the official website to promote the launch of the Benicio Del Toro and Sean Penn movie '21 Grams' on DVD as part of of the site's entertainment channel.
The official site includes expert film commentary, competitions and film material to support the release of '21 Grams', the title of which refers to the weight of the soul that departs the body after death.
Built as part of the Times Online entertainment channel, the site offers fans access to trailers and extra behind-the-scenes footage, as well as the chance to win a home entertainment system.
Other features include film stills, production notes and cast lists, plus content from Times Online's film archive including reviews, reader Q&As with the film's director Alejandro Inarritu and writer Guillermo Arriaga, as well as interviews with stars, Sean Penn and Benicio del Toro.
As part of the deal, Times Online's website address will be featured on all MGM Home Entertainment and Icon Home Entertainment TV advertising for the '21 Grams' DVD from this week, and a direct marketing promotion to the MGM Home Entertainment database.
Peter Bale, online editorial director of The Times and The Sunday Times, said: "More and more visitors are in search of intelligent reviews and in-depth material on the latest releases. The website highlights the quality of this film and also showcases the depth of expert film comment to be found at Times Online."
'21 Grams' explores the emotionally and physically charged existences of three people over a period of several months, after an accident unexpectedly throws their lives and destinies together. The film stars Benicio Del Toro, Sean Penn and Naomi Watts.
The DVD will be available to own from September 13 and is distributed by MGM Home Entertainment and Icon Home Entertainment.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- SENIOR 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS Live Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Strategy Director - Consumer PR Reuben Sinclair £65000 - £85000 Per Annum, London (Greater)