Mirror to launch online DVD rental service with Lovefilm
LONDON – The Daily and Sunday Mirror are to launch a new online DVD rental service in association with Lovefilm called WeLoveFilms.com.
The service will allow readers to rent an unlimited number of DVDs from a selection of 23,000 titles for a set monthly fee of £14.99.
Subscribers can rent up to three DVDs at the same time from a selection of old classics to the latest releases. The deal would allow Mirror readers to participate in a two-week free trial.
WeLoveFilms.com will launch on September 18 with in-paper promotion, television advertising, an email marketing campaign and major sales promotion in which the Ewan McGregor movie 'Brassed Off' will be given away free with the Daily Mirror.
Will Hattom, head of marketing at MGN, said: "This innovative partnership with the market leader in DVD online rental offers our readers an unbeatable service and easy access to the largest DVD library in the UK."
Lovefilm, part of Arts Alliance Media, is one of a number of online rental sites being launched this year.
Blockbuster, the high street rental giant, has also launched a similar service, for which monthly fees start at £13.99.
Last month ScreenSelect, created by Amazon.co.uk founder Simon Murdoch, merged with Video Island. The move came ahead of the UK launch of the US market leader Netflix. The merger will put ScreenSelect, which sends out 300,000 rental DVDs a month, ahead of Blockbuster's online offering in the UK.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)