Branding: Indonesian bank retains name to leverage history
JAKARTA: Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI) has retained its name but is playing up its year of incorporation - 1946, following independence from Dutch rule - in its new corporate look.
The new look not only retains but enhances the bank's existing corporate colours of turquoise and orange - which were deemed to be distinctive in the market - and added the '46' symbol, denoting its founding year.
Landor, which handled the corporate identity relaunch, had recommended BNI retain its name as strategy called for the bank to leverage its heritage to build on its new positioning focus in areas where it could add value, such as close customer ties and as the market's preferred brand. "As the brand is firmly established, our challenge was focused on the creative task, where we needed to develop a new identity that captures the positioning, signalling a positive change to key stakeholders," said Landor's Asia-Pacific design director Ray Ally.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London