Branding: Indonesian bank retains name to leverage history
JAKARTA: Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI) has retained its name but is playing up its year of incorporation - 1946, following independence from Dutch rule - in its new corporate look.
The new look not only retains but enhances the bank's existing corporate colours of turquoise and orange - which were deemed to be distinctive in the market - and added the '46' symbol, denoting its founding year.
Landor, which handled the corporate identity relaunch, had recommended BNI retain its name as strategy called for the bank to leverage its heritage to build on its new positioning focus in areas where it could add value, such as close customer ties and as the market's preferred brand. "As the brand is firmly established, our challenge was focused on the creative task, where we needed to develop a new identity that captures the positioning, signalling a positive change to key stakeholders," said Landor's Asia-Pacific design director Ray Ally.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)