Branding: Indonesian bank retains name to leverage history
JAKARTA: Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI) has retained its name but is playing up its year of incorporation - 1946, following independence from Dutch rule - in its new corporate look.
The new look not only retains but enhances the bank's existing corporate colours of turquoise and orange - which were deemed to be distinctive in the market - and added the '46' symbol, denoting its founding year.
Landor, which handled the corporate identity relaunch, had recommended BNI retain its name as strategy called for the bank to leverage its heritage to build on its new positioning focus in areas where it could add value, such as close customer ties and as the market's preferred brand. "As the brand is firmly established, our challenge was focused on the creative task, where we needed to develop a new identity that captures the positioning, signalling a positive change to key stakeholders," said Landor's Asia-Pacific design director Ray Ally.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- OOH Planners and Buyers Ultimate Asset £18000 - £100000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, South East England