Branding: Indonesian bank retains name to leverage history
JAKARTA: Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI) has retained its name but is playing up its year of incorporation - 1946, following independence from Dutch rule - in its new corporate look.
The new look not only retains but enhances the bank's existing corporate colours of turquoise and orange - which were deemed to be distinctive in the market - and added the '46' symbol, denoting its founding year.
Landor, which handled the corporate identity relaunch, had recommended BNI retain its name as strategy called for the bank to leverage its heritage to build on its new positioning focus in areas where it could add value, such as close customer ties and as the market's preferred brand. "As the brand is firmly established, our challenge was focused on the creative task, where we needed to develop a new identity that captures the positioning, signalling a positive change to key stakeholders," said Landor's Asia-Pacific design director Ray Ally.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)