Branding: Indonesian bank retains name to leverage history
JAKARTA: Bank Negara Indonesia (BNI) has retained its name but is playing up its year of incorporation - 1946, following independence from Dutch rule - in its new corporate look.
The new look not only retains but enhances the bank's existing corporate colours of turquoise and orange - which were deemed to be distinctive in the market - and added the '46' symbol, denoting its founding year.
Landor, which handled the corporate identity relaunch, had recommended BNI retain its name as strategy called for the bank to leverage its heritage to build on its new positioning focus in areas where it could add value, such as close customer ties and as the market's preferred brand. "As the brand is firmly established, our challenge was focused on the creative task, where we needed to develop a new identity that captures the positioning, signalling a positive change to key stakeholders," said Landor's Asia-Pacific design director Ray Ally.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)