Public Relations: Singapore leads Corporate Spin's Asian expansion
SINGAPORE: Danish public relations company Corporate Spin has embarked on an aggressive Asian expansion, with headquarters set up in Singapore and offices in Kuala Lumpur and Shanghai.
Copenhagen-based Corporate Spin was hived-off from parent PR company Gunbak PA in August this year.
According to Steffen Egelund, Corporate Spin area manager for Asia, the aim of the company is to provide PR services to Scandinavian companies that have operations in Asia, as well as local companies targeting the Scandinavian market.
Egelund said the agency was focusing on Asia because many Danish and European companies are now outsourcing to Asia and this is a big issue in Europe. "There is a perception that labour laws and environmental laws are more liberal in Asia. Companies that outsource to Asia are viewed as cynical capitalists that want to be able to pollute more, and save money on safety regulations and labour costs," he said.
"We are here to counsel companies on how they should conduct their business and to try to explain to Danish journalists about what is happening out here."
Clients of Corporate Spin include A.P. Moller-Maersk and United Plantations of Malaysia.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Rising Star! Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, North East England / North West England
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)