Disney backs products with new communications chief
LONDON - Disney Consumer Products has appointed former Buena Vista European head of communications Rochelle Gosling to the role of European director of corporate communications.
Gosling's key role will be to build on the company's corporate profile and drive consumer awareness of product franchises.
A key focus of her new role will be the troubled Disney Princess franchise, which faces fierce competition from rivals Bratz and Barbie.
The Princess brand was created in 1999 by former Nike executive Andy Mooney with spin-offs including a magazine in 10 European countries and a Disneyland parade.
According to Gosling: "My focus is to ensure that both the business community and consumers understand what Disney Consumer Products as a company stands for, the incredible range of products it has to offer and the great new content we are producing."
She added: "Disney Consumer Products is undergoing an important strategic shift in its business model. A pro-active communications function will be essential to ensuring that key stakeholders are aware of this."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London