Cartoon Network showcases new animators for idents
LONDON - The Cartoon Network has enlisted the help of Central St Martin's post-graduate animation students to create four 15-second character idents to air across Europe from next month.
The four idents were chosen from 30 designs and the students then split into groups to work on the design of each one.
They had to animate, produce and lay down the soundtracks with direction from tutors, before presenting a series of line tests to Cartoon Network for approval. The project is part of the student's course work and will count towards their final grade.
Cartoon Network is building on the success of last year's relationship when a similar brief was given to the students. The Cartoon Network has also hired many of Central St Martin's London Animation Studio students to work at the company, as well as providing funds for the college's studio equipment.
Finn Arneson, senior vice-president of programming, acquisitions and development for Cartoon Network Europe, said: "Once again the quality of work is very high. Cartoon Network is one of the biggest producers, commisioners and broadcasters of animation in the world so we are always delighted to find and nurture new talent."
Cartoon Network, Cartoon Network+, Boomerang and Toonami are part of Turner Broadcasting Systems Europe, owned by Time Warner, and make up the highest rating group of children's channels in the UK.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Communications Officer AF Selection £21,500, Warwickshire / West Midlands / Warwick, Warwickshire
- Branding Consultant - Branding Consultancy - London Spectrum £75,000 - £100,000, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)